This post contains affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a commission! Thanks! Questions? View my full disclosure.

  • Save
Day in the Life Part 3

Welcome back for the final installment of Day in the Life, March 2018.  I always find it a bit ironic that I often spend more time recording the memories than I did making them in the first place.  Oh the trials of a scrapbooker… Or should I say Head Family Memory Preservation Specialist?  That makes me sound much more important!  Anyway, back to the story.  If you need to catch up, the early morning happenings can be found here, in Part 1, and Part 2 takes us through mid-afternoon.  As we left off, it was time to leave for soccer practice.

Is it bedtime yet?

4:45 p.m. Arrive at the soccer field.  Now I have to decide – do I wait at the field or drive over to the library?  It’s not too cold at the moment but will I be frozen in 2 hours when it’s time to leave?  Also, it’s still nice and light out thanks to the Daylight Saving time change last weekend.  I opt to stare at the nature through my front window while sitting in the parking lot.  Sunshine and trees blowing in the breeze win out over library with tables and chairs.

First things first- waste time on my phone.  I’m tired and don’t really feel like concentrating on work yet.

5:10 p.m. Okay, time to get crackin’!  First up on my list, finishing the ad for my blog.

5:27 p.m. Call the gas company.  Work scheduled for tomorrow is legit.  Then they transfer me to the Emergency Leak Department to report the gas smell down the street.  Is it really an emergency if I’ve been smelling it for weeks but never got around to reporting it?  Once I get off the phone I post a note to the neighborhood Facebook page letting everyone know so they don’t freak out when the gas company truck shows up to check it out.

5:44 p.m. Okay, now what?  Decide to check my step count again – 11,153.  And what else should I do?  Decide to start typing up my notes from today.

6:09 p.m. A text from Ron.  He is riding his bike from home to the field and wants a ride back.  Please don’t leave without him!

6:22 p.m. My hands are tired from typing in this very not ergonomic position – laptop against the steering wheel.  Ron just rolled up anyway so a good excuse to stop typing a little early.

6:38 p.m. Felisa is done with practice and ready to head home for a shower and dinner.  She is very surprised to see Ron here!

7:03 p.m. Made good time on the drive home.  Ryan and Bella are watching TV in the basement, getting caught up on Once Upon A Time.  Ron and Felisa head for the showers then eat dinner.

7:45 p.m. Ryan and Bella emerge from the basement.  Bella has more homework to do (And also dishes! And laundry to put away!) and Ryan is going out with his friends for a quick “We all got into college” celebration.

7:55 p.m. Taking Rocco out for his bedtime potty walk even though he was just out in the backyard.

8:01 p.m. Text about cookie money.  She’s on the way!

8:06 p.m. Home from our walk.  After I put away the dinner leftovers I read my book(The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore) while waiting for the money delivery.

8:20 p.m. The money is here.  Time for pajamas!

Settle in with my laptop and my bedtime snack.  Spend some time chatting with my friend in Canada, check Facebook and email, print the program ad to send to school tomorrow.

9:00 p.m. Hook up my external hard drive.  How many pictures can I grab before I get too tired?

10:15 p.m. Time to call it quits.  I didn’t get any pictures pulled for my Project Life album but I did get the construction pictures of the new house across the street.  I’m planning to make a little album for the new neighbors as a house-warming gift.  This task has been nagging at me for several days so I’m glad it’s finally underway.

10:20 p.m. Ryan is home.  Sounds like he remembered to lock the door when he came in.

10:30 p.m. Final step count check for the day – 12,679 steps.  Bedtime!

And that’s a wrap folks.  Day in the Life, March 2018 – complete!

  • Save

Similar Posts